Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 03 June 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Branding – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Take a look at the eSentire website. The cybersecurity company is now branding itself as “The Authority in Managed Detection and Response.” Stay tuned for more details…
3. MDR – Linux & macOS Support: GoSecure’s Spring platform update supports more operating system platforms — including SUSE 12 and 15, AWS Linux, macOS Big Sur and CentOS 7 and 8.
5. SOAR – Asia Pacific: Siemplify is making investments to promote SOAR (security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) into the Asia-Pacific region.
6. VMware Bundle: VMware has announced VMware Anywhere Workplace, which bundles:
- VMware Workspace ONE for unified endpoint management, desktop and app virtualization.
- VMware Carbon Black Cloud for endpoint and workload protection.
- VMware SASE for SD-WAN, cloud web security, zero trust network access, and firewalling.
7. Threat Detection Services: The AT&T USM Anywhere platform now features an advisory service for new and existing customers. AT&T USM Anywhere Advisors is a “team of cybersecurity experts that serve as trusted advisors on threat detection and response to complement in-house cybersecurity skills,” the company says. The advisors provide reactive support to AT&T USM Anywhere customers to help with day-to-day operations and streamline incident response efforts, AT&T adds.
9. Ransomware Attacks Health Care System: Scripps Health is notifying nearly 150,000 individuals that their personal information was stolen by hackers during the ransomware attack that hit the health care giant in May, according to the Del Mar Times.
10. Ransomware Mitigation: Delphix has released Delphix Data Vault, a ransomware-specific capability that boosts the Delphix platform’s data isolation capabilities and strengthens data protection for enterprises, the company says.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Penetration Testing – APIs: Cobalt, which offers Pentest as a Service (PtaaS), has launched a public API. The Cobalt API allows customers to integrate their pentest data into other tools within their technology stack, enabling “streamlined workflows and holistic analysis of their security program,” Cobalt says.
3. Partner Program – Cyber Insurance: Datastream Cyber Insurance has launched a global partner program for MSPs.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Siemplify SOCstock 2021 (June 15, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar