Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 03 November 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. MSSP Alert Acquired: CyberRisk Alliance has acquired After Nines, producers of digital information brands MSSP Alert and ChannelE2E. The details are here. We’re thrilled. But more importantly, we’re still focused on you. Thanks for your readership. We’re nothing without you.
2. Security Awareness Training: KnowBe4‘s GAAP revenue was $64.1 million in Q3 of 2021, up 43 percent from Q3 of 2020. The results reinforce strong demand for simulated phishing training platforms that drive cybersecurity awareness.
3. Cyber Insurance for SMEs: Cowbell Cyber and Sayata have partnered to “provide precise, instant quoting for cyber coverage through a 100% digital process, further increasing the speed at which cyber policies can be issued,” the two companies asserted.
4. Network Security: Netscout Systems has launched Omnis Cyber Intelligence, a network security software solution.
5. Executive Leadership – Email Security: Tessian has hired VMware Carbon Black veteran Allen Lieberman as chief product officer.
6. Network Detection and Response (NDR): ExtraHop has expanded decryption support for Microsoft authentication and application protocols. The technology provides “high-fidelity detection of malicious activity associated with nearly two-thirds of the most exploited network protocols,” ExtraHop indicated.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Saviynt Converge 21 Identity and Security Conference (November 3-5, Huntington Beach, California)
- Black Hat Europe 2021 (November 8-11, London)
- InfoSec World (November 9-10, Virtual)
- Qualys Security Conference (QSC) 2021 (November 15-18, Las Vegas and Virtual)
- @Hack (November 28-30, Saudi Arabia)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar