Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 04 June 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Fortinet MSSP Event: Fortinet is set to host a Fast & Secure 2020 digital symposium on June 18. The online event is designed for MSPs, MSSPs and mobile network operators.
2. Funding – Email Phishing Mitigation: INKY Technology Corp. has raised $20 million Series B funding, led by venture capital and private equity firm Insight Partners. Take a closer look, and you’ll notice that Insight previously invested in cybersecurity companies Darktrace, SentinelOne, Armis, and Tenable. Also, Insight owns MSP-focused software company Kaseya.
3. Partner Program – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): CI Security has enhanced its Critical Insight Channel Partner Program for global distributors, integrators, telecom agents, vertical specialists, and group purchasing organizations (GPOs) across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC regions. The enhanced program includes improved incentives for partners, enriched co-marketing efforts, and an increased commitment to work together to meet revenue and business growth goals, CI Security says. Distribution giant Synnex is among CI Security’s latest partners.
4. Talent – Channel Sales: High Wire Networks, providers of the Overwatch Managed Security Platform-as-a-Service, has hired Infogressive and AlienVault veteran Travis Ray as director of channel sales.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar