Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 04 June 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Ransomware Considered Digital Terrorism: The U.S. Department of Justice is elevating investigations of ransomware attacks to a similar priority as terrorism in the wake of the Colonial Pipeline hack and mounting damage caused by cyber criminals, Reuters reports.
2. SentinelOne IPO Filing: The details are here:
3. SonicWall for Sale?: That’s the rumor.
4. Endpoint Security: Broadcom has upgraded Symantec Endpoint Security with Adaptive Protection. The machine learning technology delivers “superior protection with automated policy configuration and no end-user productivity loss,” Broadcom says.
5. Executive Leadership – SOAR: Swimlane has announced three leadership hires:
- Tony Thompson is chief marketing officer (CMO);
- Charles Constanti is chief financial officer (CFO); and
- David Anthony is SVP customer experience.
Swimlane develops Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) software.
6. FujiFim Cyberattack: The company has partially shut down its network as part of an investigation into possible unauthorized server access, according to a FujiFilm company statement.
7. Apple macOS Vulnerabilities: Tenable has documented more macOS installer flaws.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Penetration Testing: Cymulate has launched Cymulate Cyclone, a “customizable, template-driven platform that enables security service providers to craft, automate and deliver purple teaming exercises to help their enterprise customers actively protect their networks,” the company says.
2. MITRE ATT&CK Best Practices Guidance: The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has partnered with the Homeland Security Systems Engineering and Development Institute (HSSEDI). The duo has issued guidance to help cyber threat intelligence analysts make better use of MITRE ATT&CK.
3. Partner Program – Email Security: Inky has launched a formal channel partner program for MSPs and VARs that want to protect customer email systems from phishing attacks.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Siemplify SOCstock 2021 (June 15, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar