Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 04 March 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. MSP Malware Attack: CompuCom has suffered a malware attack that has impacted some IT systems, the MSP disclosed. The malware attack comes at an extremely sensitive time, considering CompuCom is up for sale and seeking a buyer for the MSP business. CompuCom is owned by Office Depot parent ODP.
2. Cloud Security and SOC Workflow Automation: Elastic has announced Elastic Security 7.11. The upgrade features new prebuilt machine learning jobs and detection rules to protect cloud applications and hosts, and improved usability and accessibility to streamline security operations workflows in Elastic Security, the company says.
3. Identity and Access Management (IAM): CyberArk has introduced new subscriptions, programs and tools designed to accelerate organizations’ Identity Security initiatives and time to business impact, the company says.
4. Zero Trust: Awake Security, the network detection and response (NDR) security division of Arista Network, has unveiled “platform enhancements that strengthen its ability to detect advanced threats, protect the unmanaged attack surface and autonomously perform threat hunting and forensic investigations,” the companies say.
5. Cryptography Automation: Unbound Security has unveiled Unbound Security CORE (Cryptographic Orchestration Reimagined for Enterprise), a platform that “enables businesses to manage all cryptographic keys from multiple environments in one single place.”
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Microsoft Azure Security – Endpoint Detection & Response: OpenText EnCase Endpoint Security is now certified on Microsoft Azure. Moreover, the full OpenText EnCase product suite is now available on the Azure marketplace for enterprise security, digital investigations, and law enforcement customers, OpenText says.
2. Partnership – SIEM and SecOps: BLOKWORX, a Top 250 MSSP. will offer WitFoo‘s SecOps platform with diagnostic business metrics, at a “cost-contained price point to its customers,” the two companies say.
3. Partnership – MSSP and Vulnerability Management: MSSP and Global IT consulting firm HCL Technologies will embed Qualys VMDR (Vulnerability Management, Detection and Response) into the HCL Technologies CyberSecurity Fusion Center (CSFC), the two companies say.
4. Partnership – Security Education: NYIT’s College of Engineering and Computing Sciences is partnering with Zscaler. The result: NYIT students will “gain real-world skills and practical experiences with secure access service edge (SASE) and zero trust best practices,” the organizations say.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Fortinet Accelerate 2021 (March 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- SOC as a Service for Small MSPs (March 18, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- Huntress hack_it 2021 (March 22-24, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar