Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 04 May 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. New Pulse Secure VPN Vulnerability Patch: The latest details are here.
2. M&A – SASE: Aryaka has acquired Secucloud, a Germany-based company that offers an all-in-one, global, cloud-based firewall-as-a-service and secure web gateway with advanced threat protection capabilities, Capacity reports. Secucloud is designed to connect WAN, Cloud, Mobile and IoT together securely, the report says.
3. Canada – Managed Security Services: Bell, the national broadband Internet service provider in Canada, has launched the Bell Security Unified Response Environment (BSURE). The new service combines Bell’s national security operations with Fortinet’s SIEM (security information and event management) and SOAR (security orchestration, automation and response) technologies. Bell employs more than 400 security experts, and operates 24x7x365 security operations centers. Advanced threat intelligence protects organizations against emerging threats with Bell’s unique insight into the cyber security landscape, developed from industry and government threat feeds and enhanced with cyber analytics.
4. SOAR – Asia Pacific Expansion: Cyware has expanded operations to the Asia-Pacific–Japan (APJ) market with the opening of its new Singapore office. The company has also hired Gary C. Tate as VP of APJ Sales. Tate previously held key posts at Cyan, Wedge Networks, Cylance and NuoDB Inc.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar