Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 05 April 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Facebook Data Leaks: A leaker says they are offering information on more than 500 million Facebook Inc users — including phone numbers and other data – virtually for free, Reuters reports. The database appears to be the same set of Facebook-linked telephone numbers that has been circulating in hacker circles since January 2021 and whose existence was first reported by tech publication Motherboard, according to Alon Gal, co-founder of Israeli cybercrime intelligence firm Hudson Rock.
2. Accellion Cyberattack Victims List: Here’s the growing list of victims…
3. Ubiquiti Breach – Larger Than Originally Disclosed?: That’s the speculation…
4. MSP Insurance: Inskyber has launched an insurance brokerage that offers “insurance solutions for an MSP, by an MSP.”
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Cloud Security Summit 2021 from Fortinet (April 6-7, Virtual)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar