Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 05 December 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A – Cybersecurity Services: Ernst & Young (EY) has acquired a cybersecurity team from Sila Solutions Group. The team specializes in identity governance and administration (IGA), privileged access management (PAM), cyber risk assessment, privacy/data protection and third-party risk management.
2. Password Cracking and Penetration Testing: Trustwave, a Top 200 MSSP, has released CrackQ, a queuing system to manage password cracking. It is primarily for offensive security teams during red teaming and pentesting engagements, the company says.
3. Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Services: CriticalStart, a Top 200 MSSP for 2019, has redesigned its MobileSec application — which offers mobile notification and response capabilities across Apple iOS and Google Android devices.
4. Talent – Application Performance and Security: Onapsis has hired former LogMeIn CTO Anshuman Kanwar as general manager of products and technology. Onapsis develops application performance monitoring, compliance and security monitoring software for SAP and Oracle applications.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
2. Partnership – Security and Compliance: Apptega and Veristor Systems have partnered to streamline cybersecurity processes and improve security and compliance for mutual customers, the companies say.
3. AWS Cloud Security: Netskope Security Cloud is now available in the AWS Marketplace.
4. Google Cloud Security: CloudQuest Guardian, which allows customers and partners to track their security posture on Google Cloud Platform (GCP), is now available via the GCP Marketplace. Guardian gathers information from Google Cloud Security Command Center (Cloud SCC), and then enables the orchestration of security issues making them actionable and accountable, the company says.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Gartner Identity and Access Management (IAM) Conference (December 10-12, Las Vegas)
- CPX 360: Check Point 2020 Conference (January 27-29, New Orleans)
- PerchyCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.