Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 05 March 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Funding – MSP Email Security: Mailprotector, a Greenville, South Carolina-based cybersecurity company, has raised $5 million in growth equity funding from Ballast Point Ventures. Mailprotector has build a strong MSP base in recent years, leveraging strategic guidance from Get Channeled. We’ll share more details soon.
2. Partnership – IoT Security: Forescout and Medigate, are partnering to promote security capabilities across all Internet of Medical Things (IoMT), IoT, operational technology (OT) and IT network connected devices.
4. New PwndLocker Ransomware: Details are here.
B. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California) — online only. Face-to-face canceled.
- SANS 2020 Cybersecurity Training Conference (April 3-10, Orlando, Florida)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2020 (May 13-14, Chicago)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2020 (May 16-21, New York)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar