Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 05 October 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. BlackBerry Partner Program: BlackBerry has announced a new global partner program – the BlackBerry Partner Program — which combines the BlackBerry Enterprise Partner Program and BlackBerry Cylance Partner Programs into one structure.
2. Ransomware Payment Warning: The U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) is issuing an advisory to alert companies that engage with victims of ransomware attacks of the potential sanctions risks for facilitating ransomware payments. That’s a lengthy way of saying: If you pay the ransomware, the U.S. government could issue sanctions against your business.
3. Business Broadband & Managed Security Services: Lightstream has launched Managed Security Services (MSS) spanning these capabilities:
- Edge Defense: Management, operation, and maintenance of virtual and physical devices at the network edge.
- Endpoint Defense: Prevention, detection and automated security incident response at scale.
- Access Defense: Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) platform delivering connectivity using a common cloud-based infrastructure.
- Cloud Defense: Continuous monitoring, detection and incident response for public cloud services.
Lightstream is an AWS Security Competency Partner, an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner, a Microsoft Cloud Platform Gold Partner with Security Competency and was named Palo Alto Networks Public Cloud Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019, the company says.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- Today: BlackBerry Security Summit 2020 (October 5-7, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2020 (October 14-15, Virtual Conference)
- CrowdStrike Fal.con 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (October 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 17-19, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar