Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 06 April 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
3. Talent – CISO: YL Ventures, the seed-stage Silicon Valley venture capital firm investing in Israeli cybersecurity startups, today announced that Sounil Yu, former Chief Security Scientist at Bank of America, will join the YL Ventures team as its full-time CISO-in-Residence.
4. Zoom Routing Headache?: Hours after security researchers at Citizen Lab reported that some Zoom calls were routed through China, the video conferencing platform has offered an apology and a partial explanation, Tech Crunch reports.
5. Schools Turn Off Zoom: Schools in New York City are moving away from using the video conference app Zoom after a review of security concerns, CNN reports.
6. Apple Pays White Hat Hacker: Apple awarded $75,000 to a hacker who discovered exploits that allowed him to hijack the cameras of iPhones and Macs, Yahoo Finance reports.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar