Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 06 August 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. SIEM: Securonix has unveiled SearchMore, which allows security operations teams to better detect and respond to threats that bypass preventative and detection controls, the SIEM software company says.
3. Zix Financial Results: Cloud email security, productivity and compliance solutions provider Zix says revenues were $53.3 million in Q2 2020, up 16 percent compared to Q2 of 2019. The overall results generally beat Wall Street’s expectations. Zix and the company’s AppRiver business work closely with MSPs (managed IT service providers).
4. Dark Web Monitoring: LastPass by LogMeIn has unveiled a Security Dashboard, providing end users with an overview of the security of their online accounts and actionable steps to strengthen their online security, the company says. The dashboard now includes dark web monitoring, a new feature available to LastPass Premium, Families and Business customers, that proactively watches for breach activity and alerts users when they need to take action, LastPass adds.
5. Unified Threat Management (UTM): Calyptix Security Corp., maker of the AccessEnforcer UTM Firewall, has released AccessEnforcer 5.0 Beta at CompTIA ChannelCon Online. The beta adds Gatekeeper and Geo Fence, two new features that address small business and work-from-home security needs.
B. MSSP Partnerships and Cybersecurity Strategic Alliances
1. Partnership – MSSP and SIEM: ProtectedIT, global managed security services provider, is leveraging RSA Netwitness to deliver Security Information Event Management (SIEM) expertise and cyber protection services across India, United Kingdom and the world.
2. Managed Detection and Response (MDR) for MSPs: Solutions Granted Inc. has launched a Managed Detection & Response solution for MSP partners. The MDR platform leverages BlackBerry Cylance and Infocyte, and is managed by Solutions Granted’s 24×7 SOC (Security Operations Center).
5. Partnership – Federal Government: Acquired Data Solutions (ADS) has partnered with KDM Analytics to offer Blade RiskManager (BRM), an automated cyber risk analysis and risk measurement product. ADS and KDM will promote their efforts to the federal government and equipment suppliers.