Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 06 August 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
2. Talent – Email Security Services: GreatHorn has hired Morphisec veteran Arthur Braunstein has chief revenue officer. GreatHorn develops an API-based cloud-native email security solution.
3. Research – Network Firewall Market Size, Growth Forecast: The global network security firewall market will reach $24.34 billion by 2030, which represents a 21.6 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2020, according to Allied Market Research.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Alliances and Integrations
1. Threat Analysis for Channel Partners: The CompTIA ISAO (Information Sharing and Analysis Organization) now offers threat analysis and intelligence capabilities for channel partners. The technology involves a partnership with Sophos. CompTIA ISAO members can directly submit suspicious URLs and files through the ISAO’s Cyber Forum to SophosLabs Intelix for rapid analysis to determine if they are known or zero-day cybersecurity threats. CompTIA ISAO members include MSPs, vendors, distributors, and associate members.
3. Partner Program – SaaS Security Management: AppOmni has launched its INFINITY Partner Program, which is led by Senior Director of Global Alliances Todd Wilson, and Director of National Partners Donald Shake. AppOmni has existing partnerships with Accenture, PwC, 4C/Wipro, Optiv, activereach, GuidePoint Security, and NCC Group, among others.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- AWS re:Inforce 2021 (August 24-25, Houston, Texas)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- InfoSec World 2021 (October 25-27, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar