Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 07 December 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP News Alerts
1. Secureworks Quarterly Earnings Results: The MSSP’s revenues were essentially flat in Q3 of fiscal 2021 compared to Q3 of fiscal 2020. But Secureworks CEO Michael Cote says the company’s shift toward channel sales and threat detection software continues to accelerate.
2. CrowdStrike Channel Partner Engagements: The majority of CrowdStrike’s customer wins are partner-led deals, and sales opportunities continue to grow through online destinations like the Amazon Web Services (AWS) marketplace, CrowdStrike CEO George Kurtz says.
3. Ransomware Attacks Kmart: US department store company Kmart has suffered a ransomware attack that impacts back-end services at the company, BleepingComputer reported.
4. Ransomware Attacks School District – Update: Huntsville, Alabama, school students will return to class today, one week after a computer ransomware attack shut down the 23,000-student school system. Students have been told not to use school-issued devices such as laptops “until normal technology operations resume,” according to Advanced Local Media’s Alabama website.
5. Certified Fortinet MSSP Partner: Liquid Networx of San Antonio, Texas has earned multiple certifications to support support such Fortinet products as FortiEDR, FortiNAC, FortiAnalyzer, FortiManager, and FortiMail, while becoming a SD-WAN and LAN Edge/SD-Branch Expert-level partner.
6. Channel Partners – International Expansion: SABASAI of Australia. iSecurity of Taiwan and SPOO Datascience of Germany have joined the Nucleus Cyber Global Channel Partner Program. Nucleus Cyber recently announced its plans to merge with archTIS, a global technology company focused on protecting sensitive information.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Black Hat Europe 2020 (December 7-10, Virtual Conference)
- Secureworks Connect 2021 (February 9-10, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2021 (October 4-8)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar