Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 07 February 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Meet MSSP Alert This Week: We’ll be attending the Right of Boom security conference on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. If you’re at the event and would like to potentially meet then please email me ([email protected]CyberRiskAlliance.com).
2. Funding – IT Service Management (ITSM) and Privacy: ServiceNow has invested in BigID, a data intelligence platform that helps customers to improve privacy, security, and governance. Financial terms of the investment were not disclosed.
3. Business Email Compromise (BEC) Risk Mitigation: RPost’s new RSecurity SMART AI engine runs inside RMail for Outlook to protect against the most sophisticated Business Email Compromise (BEC) impostor attacks, the company asserts.
4. SAP Application Security: SecurityBridge has announced a new Security Roadmap for SAP. The strategy spans secure configuration, hardening against hackers, and eliminating SAP vulnerabilities, by enabling IT personnel to instantly group all required software fixes into one area, the company noted.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Right of Boom (February 9-11, Tampa, Florida)
- Zero Trust World 2022 (February 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- GISEC 2022 (February 21-23, Saudi Arabia)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar