Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 07 January 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Updates – SolarWinds Orion Compromise Investigation: The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has updated its guidance to help customers protect SolarWinds Orion from potential hackers. Also, the U.S. government is investigating whether Russia hackers used JetBrains TeamCity software to trigger the SolarWinds Orion vulnerability, The New York Times reports.
2. Dell Selling Secureworks?: IT consulting giant Atos may acquire Secureworks from Dell, according to reports. Secureworks is a Top 250 MSSP. Rumors about Dell potentially selling Secureworks have surfaced from time to time for more than a year. Secureworks has been evolving from traditional managed security services toward software- and cloud-driven intellectual property.
3. Automated Penetration Testing: Pcysys has expanded across the European market, with offices in France, Germany, Italy, Iberia and the Nordics.
4. Ransomware Research – 2020 Trends: Blackfog’s global ransomware research report findings for 2020 are here.
6. Risk Management: Telos has launched Xacta.io 1.5, the latest version of its cyber risk and compliance analytics platform.
7. M&A – IoT: Cybersecurity products provider Allegion has acquired Yonomi, a provider of IoT cloud platforms. Financial terms were not disclosed.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Secureworks Connect 2021 (February 9-10, Virtual Conference)
- SOC as a Service for Small MSPs (March 18, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- Expanding From MDR to XDR (June 17, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar