Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 07 May 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Ransomware Attacks Hospital Network: Fresenius, Europe’s largest private hospital operator and a major provider of dialysis products and services, has suffered a ransomware cyberattack on its technology systems, KrebsOnSecurity reports.
2. CISOs Invest In Startups: More than 40 top security executives have formed an investing syndicate to back startups, TechCrunch reports.
3. Funding – Insider Threat Mitigation: Dtex has raised $17.5 million funding round led by Northgate Capital with additional participation from existing investors Norwest Venture Partners and Four Rivers Group.
4. Phishing Mitigation and SIEM: Securonix has released a Securonix Phishing Analyzer capability. An extension of Securonix’s Remote Workforce Monitoring solution, the new solution enables organizations to detect advanced phishing and business email compromise (BEC) threats.
8. Partnership – DDoS Attack Mitigation: Kentik, provider of the only AIOps platform for network professionals, has partnered with Cloudflare to deliver fast mitigation of distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, the companies say.
9. Partnership – Identity and Access Management: BetterCloud and OneLogin have integrated their services to help customers improve operational management and security tasks such as advanced onboarding / offboarding, activity-based alerts, and content scanning
10. MSP and SD-WANs: NTT West has selected Fortinet’s Secure SD-WAN and SD-Branch solutions as the foundation of its “FLET’S SDx” subscription service. The service enables centralized management of both WANs and LANs, and comes with built-in security features enabled by Fortinet’s FortiGate Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW).
11. Research – Threat Insights: Panda Security’s 2020 report is here.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar