Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 07 May 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Momentum – SOC and MDR Services: Demand for Abacode Cyber Lorica — a virtual security operations center (vSOC) and managed detection and response service (MDR) — grew 113 percent in Q1 of 2021 vs. Q1 of 2020. Abacode did not disclose specific dollar figures for revenue and profits.
2. Talent – Endpoint Security: Bitdefender has hired Alert Logic veteran Matthew Selheimer as senior VP of marketing.
3. Talent – Cloud Monitoring & Security: Datadog has hired Salesforce veteran Adam Blitzer as chief operating officer.
4. Talent – Container Security: Aqua Security has hired Microsoft Azure veteran Sharon Eilon has chief cusotmer officer.
5. TunnelSnake ATP (Advanced Persistence Threat) Group: Kaspersky researchers have uncovered TunnelSnake, an ongoing advanced persistent threat (APT) campaign, active since 2019, which has targeted regional diplomatic entities in Asia and Africa, the company says.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar