Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 08 April 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
2. Funding – Firewall: Accellion, provider of an enterprise content firewall that consolidates, controls, and secures sensitive third party communications, has raised $120 million financing led by Bregal Sagemount.
3. Cybersecurity Training: ConnectWise has launched Certify, a cybersecurity education and training program. This dual track certification program targets owners and sales professionals as well as engineers.
4. Penetration Testing: Pcysys PenTera is now available for qualified Security Service Providers and Consultants to offer remote network penetration testing and red teaming services to clients, the company says.
5. NIST Mobile Device Security Guidelines: The updates are described here.
6. Talent – Cyber Investing: Option3Ventures, a cybersecurity investment specialist firm based in New York and the Washington DC area, has named Richard S. “Dick” Fuld Jr. as senior strategic advisor.
7. Talent – Industrial Cybersecurity: Claroty has named Udi Bar Sela as CFO and Grant Geyer as chief product officer (CPO).
8. Talent – MSSP: Kudelski Security has hired IBM veteran Ernie Anderson as its head of professional services for the Americas. Anderson previously led IBM’s Data and Application Security Practice for North America.
9. Talent – SIEM & SOC Software: LogRhythm has hired Ivanti and LANDesk veteran Mitchell Rowe as chief revenue officer (CRO).
10. Partnership – Network Access Control: Untangle and Webroot confirmed this partnership.
11. Partnership – Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Services: phoenixNAP, a global IT services provider, has expanded it Data Security Cloud (DSC) to include Alert Logic’s MDR solution.
12. Research – Linus Servers Under Attack: Five Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) groups operating in the interest of the Chinese government have systematically targeted Linux servers, Windows systems and mobile devices running Android while remaining undetected for nearly a decade, BlackBerry research asserts.
13. Microsoft Outlook Security: VIPRE has introduced VIPRE SafeSend — a Microsoft Outlook add-on that can prevent misaddressed email or inadvertent autocomplete email mistakes. The add-on requires the sender to confirm external recipients and file attachments before their email can be sent. SafeSend is one piece of VIPRE’s larger partner and MSP-centric business expansion effort.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar