Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 08 June 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Ransomware Hits U.S. Nuclear Missile Contractor: Details are here…
2. Encryption Toolkit: IBM has released a fully homomorphic encryption (FHE) toolkit for Apple macOS and iOS. Linus and Android support also are coming soon. The toolkit encrypts data even when it’s in use.
3. Ransomware Decryptor for RedRum: Emsisoft offers the free ransomware decryption tool here.
4. Election Security: Automox will offer its automated endpoint hardening platform at discounted cost to 2020 presidential and congressional campaigns in partnership with Defending Digital Campaigns (DDC).
5. Research – Cybersecurity: SINC and MIT Sloan have released a research report entitled “The Cybersecurity Landscape: Challenges and How to Overcome Them.” Attivo Networks participated in the research, and also released a report titled Top Threat Detection Trends Survey.
6. Research -2020 Incident Response and Data Breach Report: Details from Crypsis are here.
7. Video Conferencing Security: Lifesize has launched end-to-end encryption (E2EE) for all group and point-to-point video conferencing calls.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar