Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 09 June 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. MSSP & MSP Software: Syxsense is positioning its endpoint security software as an RMM (remote monitoring and management) software platform for MSSPs and MSPs.
3. Identity and Access Management (IAM): New CyberArk Identity Security Platform SaaS capabilities include dynamic privileged access, secure web sessions, lifecycle management for privileged users, and more.
4. Contract – Government Security Services: SkyePoint Decisions has disclosed a five-year, multiple award, $300 million Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) from the U.S. Department of Education (DoED) to provide Cybersecurity and Privacy Support Services (CPSS) to the Office of Federal Student Aid (FSA) and the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO).
5. Funding – Penetration Testing: Automated security penetration-testing-as-a-service startup Horizon3.ai Inc. has raised $8.5 million in a Series A funding led by SignalFire.
6. Is AppVision for Sale?: That’s the rumor.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
2. AWS Cloud Application Security: Snyk now integrates with the AWS CodePipeline console. This integration allows AWS CodePipeline users to build automated security controls into their deployment pipeline without having to leave the AWS console.
3. Cyber Insurance: iBynd has launched Blink by Chubb, a Chubb brand that provides personal cyber insurance coverage to consumers.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Siemplify SOCstock 2021 (June 15, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Location to be Disclosed)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar