Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 09 March 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
2. Research – Security Operations Centers: The third-annual CriticalStart SOC research report reveals “persistent challenges and some silver linings,” the MDR (managed detection and response) service provider says.
3. Partnership – Cyber Risk Ratings: Black Kite and Templar Shield are partnering to combine and promote Black Kite’s software-as-a-service (SaaS) cyber risk tools with Templar Shield’s third-party risk management (TPRM) consulting services.
4. Investors – Cybersecurity Assess Management: Axonius seed investor, YL Ventures, has sold its stake in the company to late-stage, IPO-focused investors ICONIQ Growth, Alkeon Capital, DTCP, and Harmony Partners for $270 million. This news comes after Axonius recently announced a $100 million Series D funding round at a $1.2 billion valuation led by Stripes, a New York-based growth equity firm, with participation from existing investors Lightspeed, OpenView, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Vertex.
5. Crisis Management: Blackberry announced new technology advancements to BlackBerry AtHoc that will “improve how U.S. Federal agencies communicate and collaborate during times of crisis, and reduce the risk of unauthorized access to Federal data, systems and applications,” the company says.
7. Talent – Insider Threat Mitigation: Egress has named Clint Poole as its new chief marketing officer (CMO).
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Fortinet Accelerate 2021 (March 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- SOC as a Service for Small MSPs (March 18, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- Huntress hack_it 2021 (March 22-24, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar