Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 09 September 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
- Managing Editor [email protected]; and
- Executive VP and Editorial Director [email protected].
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. AWS – MSSP Partner: Digital Edge has achieved Amazon Web Services (AWS) Level 1 Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) Competency status. The designation confirmed that Digital Edge has the resources to “protect and monitor essential AWS resources 24/7, known as Level 1 Managed Security Services.”
2. Cyber Insurance: Cowbell has announced application programming interfaces (APIs) for Prime 250, a cyber insurance product for businesses with revenue up to $250 million. The result: Insurance digital aggregators can integrate directly to Cowbell’s platform for cyber insurance quoting.
3. IoT Regulations: Smart devices connected to the internet such as fridges and TVs will have to comply with tough European Union cybersecurity rules or risk being fined or banned from the bloc, according to a European Commission document seen by Reuters.
4. DDoS Attack Mitigation: Neustar Security Services has expanded its distributed-denial-of-service (DDoS) attack mitigation scrubbing capacity to more than 15 Terabits per second (Tbps) across its worldwide network, the company said.
5. Cloud Security – Zscaler Financial Results: Zscaler revenue was $318.1 million in Q4 of fiscal 2022, up 61% compared to the corresponding quarter last year. GAAP net loss was $97.7 million, compared to an $81 million GAAP loss of $81 million in Q1 of fiscal 2021. The results generally beat expectations.
6. Breach Disclosure & Investigation: MMA Operations, a records and data management provider, has hired a third-party cybersecurity firm to investigate a recent breach. the breach may have involved unauthorized access to some some personal information from employees, clients, and other parties. The accessed info may have involved names, Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers, financial account information, credit card numbers, medical information, passport numbers, and email addresses with passwords and associated security questions.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Fal.Con 2022: CrowdStrike Cybersecurity Conference (September 19-21, Las Vegas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- SentinelOne LABScon Security Research Conference 2022 (September 21-24, Phoenix, Arizona)
- InfoSec World 2022 (September 26-28, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar