Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 10 August 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Cybersecurity Firm Allegedly Hacked: The target was DataViper’s backend servers, ZDnet reports.
2. Cyber Insurance – Key Questions: Here are seven questions you need to consider before buying cyber insurance.
3. SEC Ransomware Alert: See the July 10 alert here.
4. Intel Data Breach: Intel ($INTC) is investigating an alleged data breach that may involve 20GB of intellectual property accessed via an Intel partner portal, according to multiple reports.
5. NSA Geolocation Data Warning: The U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) is warning Department of Defense personnel to turn off applications and services that track geolocation data. Here’s why.
6. Open Source Security Foundation: Microsoft, Google, IBM and five other founding members have launched the Open Source Security Foundation to improve security in the open source software sector.
7. Research: Check Point’s Global 2020 Cloud Security Report is here.