Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 10 August 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Potential M&A – Letter of Intent: Data443 Risk Mitigation, a data security and privacy software company, has executed a letter of intent (LoI) to acquire certain assets of Centurion Technologies I, a provider of ransomware protection and workstation security. Generally speaking, an LoI means the buyer is performing due diligence on the seller, but an actual finalized deal is still subject to certain variables.
2. Talent: LogMeIn has named Bill Robinson to a newly created role of chief revenue officer (CRO) role.
3. Talent – Cloud Identity Security Solutions: ThycoticCentrify, formed by the merger of Thycotic and Centrify, has hired Stephanie Reiter as CFO. Also, Myrna Soto joins as the company’s newest board member.
4. Talent – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): onShore Security has hired Craig Brozefsky as senior engineer.
5. Risk Scoring: NetSPI has added risk scoring to its Resolve penetration testing and vulnerability management platform.
6. Research – Email Security: One in every four companies suffered at least one email security breach, Hornetsecurity survey finds.
7. Research – EU Compliance and GDPR Fines: See a list of GDPR fines here…
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. Integration – McAfee and Microsoft Dynamics 365: McAfee Enterprise today announced that MVISION Cloud now provides security coverage for Microsoft Dynamics 365.
2. Alliance – Enterprise of Things Security: Forescout Technologies has expanded a global alliance with BT to include network segmentation and operational technology (OT) security with Forescout’s device visibility and control platform.
3. Partner Program – Kubernetes Security: Tigera has launched a worldwide partner program focused on containers, Kubernetes, and microservices.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- AWS re:Inforce 2021 (August 24-25, Houston, Texas)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- BlackBerry Security Summit (October 13, Virtual Event)
- InfoSec World 2021 (October 25-27, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar