Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 10 July 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
2. Partnership – MSP Appliances & Security: Uplevel Systems will bundle Acronis cyber protection software into Uplevel’s on-premises appliances for running small business IT services. MSPs can manage the appliances remotely.
3. Investment – Secure Communications: Accenture Ventures has made a minority investment into Synadia Communications, which provides secure communications technology for digital systems, services and devices.
4. Managed Security Services: ESET has enhanced its partner program for MSPs to include new enterprise security offerings, incentives, training and an updated Marketing Center. Key updates to the program include:
- Health Check, a VIP inspection service that provides a creative resource for MSPs to drive loyalty and support their SMB and enterprise customers during a crisis.
- New licensing portal with encryption/authentication offerings.
- ESET Cybersecurity Awareness Training.
- An updated ESET Marketing Center for MSPs.
B. Five Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- Black Hat USA 2020 (August 1-6, Virtual Conference)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2020 (October 26-29, Location Undisclosed)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 9-12, Las Vegas)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar