Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 10 June 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Executive Leadership – MSSP: Foresite has hired NTT Security and Dimension Data veteran Matt Gyde to succeed Robin Mayo as CEO. Mayo will remain with Foresite, though his title was not disclosed in the CEO transition announcement.
2. Cloud SIEM for MSSPs: The latest Sumo Logic updates are here…
3. Zero Trust: ON2IT, a global managed security services company, has launched Zero Trust as a Managed Service.
4. Static Application Security Testing (SAST): Contrast Security has launched Contrast Scan to help partners and customers “analyze code and detect vulnerabilities early on in the software development life cycle (SDLC),” the company says.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. Partnership – SMB Cyber Risk Management: ActZero and Zeguro are partnering to create a “comprehensive cyber risk management program for small and mid-size businesses.” ActZero provides managed detection and response (MDR) services. Zeguro provides cybersecurity and cyber insurance solutions.
2. Partnership – Network Security Controls: AttackIQ and VMware are working to enable VMware NSX customers to improve the way they validate the efficacy of their network security controls, the two companies say.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Siemplify SOCstock 2021 (June 15, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Location to be Disclosed)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar