Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 10 November 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A – Email Security & Cloud Backup: Here’s why Zix acquired CloudAlly.
2. M&A – Cyber Insurance: Insurance broker Brown & Brown has acquired CoverHound, a digital property/casualty insurance marketplace, and CyberPolicy, CoverHound’s small business subsidiary, Insurance Journal reports. After the deal closes, CoverHound and CyberPolicy will continue to operate independently under Florida-based Brown & Brown and focus on scaling digital partnerships, the report says.
4. Salesforce Cloud CRM Security Settings: RevCult has launched Cloud Security Cockpit on Salesforce AppExchange. Partners and customers can leverage the application to implement, manage, and prove their Salesforce security controls are set up to meet InfoSec and Audit policies, RevCult asserts.
5. CyberArk Financial Results: CyberArk, provider of privileged access management (PAM) software, has announced financial results for the third quarter ended September 30.
- Total revenue was $106.6 million, down from $108.1 million in Q3 2019.
- Net income was a $15.9 million loss, compared to positive net income of $15.2 million in Q3 2019.
Revenues were slightly below Wall Street’s expectations. Shares fell about 7 percent on the earnings news.
6. Zero Trust Cloud Security: CyberArk has launched CyberArk Cloud Entitlements Manager, a privilege-based, artificial intelligence-powered service designed to strengthen the security of cloud environments, the company says.
7. DDoS Attacks Explained: CompTIA provides details here.
8. Vulnerability Management: Data center services provider US Signal has launched a Vulnerability Management as a Service (VMaaS) offering. Configured and managed by the company’s security operations center (SOC) team, US Signal’s VMaaS offering is designed to help resource-strapped IT teams proactively identify, classify, prioritize and remediate network vulnerabilities, US Signal says.
9. Cloud Security: Threat Stack has announced ThreatML, a new machine learning engine that enhances security observability for the Threat Stack Cloud Security Platform, Threat Stack Oversight, and Threat Stack Insight with anomaly detection, the company says.
10. Ransomware Attacks Campari: Operations at Italian drinks maker Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A., best known simply as Campari, were knocked offline last week following a ransomware attack, Silicon Angle reports.
B. MSSP Partner Programs, Security Integrations and Strategic Alliances
1. Partnership – Identity and Risk Management: SecZetta and LevelUP have partnered to provide clients with an enhanced scope of third-party identity and lifecycle management solutions, including a specialized focus in compliance and standards, that can strengthen identity access management and risk management programs, the two companies say.
2. Partnership – Network Protection: Deloitte’s EMEA Telecom Engineering Centre of Excellence (TEE, located in Portugal) has partnered with AlgoSec to establish a network protection transformation offer to safeguard clients against complex threats and attacks, the companies say.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Ignite20: Palo Alto Networks Conference (November 17-18, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat Europe 2020 (December 7-10, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar