Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 11 August 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
- Managing Editor [email protected]; and
- Executive VP and Editorial Director [email protected].
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Black Hat Conference News: Here are the latest updates…
2. Mobile XDR: Cybereason has launched a Cybereason Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Mobile App that allows MSSPs and customers to “put the power of the security operations center (SOC) at their fingertips,” the company claims.
3. Integration – XDR and Email Security: A new SentinelOne integration with Proofpoint provides the “benefits of threat intelligence and multi-layered detection and response from email to endpoint, cloud, and identity management,” the companies said.
4. Cyber Insurance for AWS Customers: Cowbell Cyber and Swiss Re are partnering to offer insurance coverages to AWS customers that have up to $750 million in revenue.
5. Cybersecurity Startup – Rapid Growth: Wiz has reached $100 million in annual recurring revenue (ARR) in only 18 months, the startup said. Poke around, and you’ll see that Wiz has helped Microsoft to find and mitigate multiple Azure cloud security issues. In October 2021, Wiz raised $250 million in Series C funding at a $6 billion valuation, led by Insight Partners and Greenoaks Capital.
6. Cloud Data Protection: Zerto, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, has joined the AWS ISV Workload Migration Partner Program, allowing it to “drive and deliver AWS workload migrations and accelerate the adoption of its cloud data management and protection solutions,” Zerto asserted.
7. CISO: SmartBear, a provider of software development and visibility tools, has promoted Christine Whichard to chief information security officer (CISO).
8. Election Security: CISA—through the Joint Cyber Defense Collaborative (JCDC)—has released a toolkit of free cybersecurity resources for the election community. The toolkit aims to help state and local government officials, election officials, and vendors enhance the cybersecurity and cyber resilience of U.S. election infrastructure, the CISA said.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit 2022 (August 22-24, Las Vegas)
- Blue Team Con 2022 (August 27-28, Chicago)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar