Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 11 June 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Network Detection and Response (NDR): Gigamon has announced ThreatINSIGHT Guided-SaaS NDR, which was “purpose built to improve SOC (Security Operations Center) effectiveness and reduce analyst burnout,” the company says.
2. What Is XDR?: Netsurion President A.N. Ananth explains the XDR wave in this video:
We’ll share more XDR perspectives from Netsurion soon.
3. Integration – ITSM and Cloud Security: Zscaler has announced new integrations with ServiceNow. The integrations enable “advanced visibility, access control, and data security for optimized cloud data protection and security incident response,” Zscaler asserts.
6. Partnership – Canadian Cybersecurity: Tenable has partnered with CyberNB’s Critical Infrastructure Security Operations Center (CI-SOC) to increase the resilience and security of Canada’s critical infrastructure, the two organizations say.
8. Executive Leadership – Identity and Access Management (IAM): One Identity announced the appointment of four new executives:
- Rima Pawar as VP of product;
- Joe Garber as VP of marketing;
- Teri Rob as VP of North American sales; and
- Chris Wood as VP of sales for One Identity and Quest Software APJ.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Siemplify SOCstock 2021 (June 15, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Location to be Disclosed)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar