Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 12 March 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Ransomware Targets Exchange Server: Ransomware groups are now targeting Microsoft customers that haven’t fixed widely disclosed Exchange Server vulnerabilities. Complete details are here.
2. Secureworks Earnings: The MSSP pitched its partner program and cloud security software platform during a March 11 earnings call. See our detailed analysis of Secureworks here…
3. MSP Security Software: Barracuda Networks, backed by private equity firm Thoma Bravo, has introduced Zero Trust Security & RMM software updates for MSPs.
4. Partner Program – Penetration Testing as a Service: Details from Cobalt are here.
7. Funding – SIEM (Security Information and Event Management): Securonix has raised $24 million.
8. Funding – Container Security: Aqua Security has raised $135 Million in Series E funding led by ION Crossover Partners, putting Aqua’s valuation in excess of $1 Billion, the company says. Aqua protects several of the world’s largest Kubernetes and container production environments, some with more than 10,000 nodes in a single environment, the company says. Alas, the Aqua funding statement did not say whether the funding will fuel a channel partner, MSP or MSSP partner program build-out.