Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 12 November 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Funding – Zero Trust: Menlo Security has raised $100 million in Series E funding at an $800 million valuation. The round was led by Vista Equity Partners. Additional participants include Neuberger Berman funds, General Catalyst, JP Morgan, and other existing investors.
2. Extended Detection and Response (XDR): Cybereason has released Cybereason XDR (Extended Detection and Response), a unified solution that integrates endpoint telemetry with behavioral analytics. The result: Partners and customers can “swiftly detect and end cyberattacks anywhere on their networks,” the company asserts.
3. Hackers Hit Hardware Repair Company: Malicious attackers behind an attack on tech repair specialists CSAT Solutions have taken a dig at security firm Symantec, by releasing screenshots of the status of the Symantec security software on the site which was breached, ITWire reports.
4. Talent – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Pondurance has hired FireEye Mandiant veteran Lyndon Brown as chief strategy officer. Private equity firm Newlight Partners recently invested in Pondurance, which named RSA Security veteran Doug Howard as CEO in October 2020.
5. Talent – Data Security: Stealthbits Technologies has hired Titus veteran Jim Barkdoll as CEO.
6. MSSP – Open Source Security Platform: Infopercept as an MSSP is now ISO 27001, ISO 220301 and ISO 20000 Certified, according to CEO Jaydeep Ruparelia. Moreover, the company has completed testing of Open Source SIEM, Open Source SOAR and Deception to create a platform for small and midsize company’s that can’t afford Splunk, LogRhythm or ArcSight, Ruparelia says.
B. MSSP Partner Programs, Security Integrations and Strategic Alliances
2. Partnership – Industrial IoT Security: Forescout Technologies has partnered with Splunk, CrowdStrike and CyberArk to monitor and mitigate threats that target Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and operational technology (OT) environments.
3. Partnership – SMB Security – McAfee and Amazon: McAfee and Amazon Business have partner to provide a security software and IT services bundle for Business Prime members, specifically to support owners of small to medium size operations (SMBs). The bundle will protect sensitive data via email, offer web and firewall protection, offer mobile VPN, and safeguard devices from malware and the latest online threats, McAfee and Amazon Business say.
4. Partner Program – Data Privacy: Itouch.io has launched the 1touch.io Channel Partner Program. IT resellers with a large B2C base and more than 2,500 users can now supplement their security suite offerings with the Inventa solution. Key partners include Eversec Group, Atlantic Data Security, Etek Novared and Arrow, among others, Itouch.io says.
5. Integration – SOC and Network Services: ThreatQuotient now integrates with Infoblox. The integration allows partners and customers to categorize, manage and respond to threats faster and more effectively, the two companies say.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- Ignite20: Palo Alto Networks Conference (November 17-18, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat Europe 2020 (December 7-10, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2021 (October 4-8)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar