Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 13 June 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. MDR Services: ActZero, a threat detection and response provider, has launched an MDR for Mobile solution. The solution supports mobile phones that run Apple iOS, Android and Google Chrome. The offering protects users by “quickly identifying nefarious and suspect phishing attempts by triggering on-device warnings, and if needed, deploying on-device control mechanisms to mitigate risks. Additionally, the service offers protections against man-in-the middle attacks, rogue access point identification, non-approved profile and configuration changes, malicious apps, and more,” ActZero indicated.
2. Cisco Managed Security Strategy: After announcing a unified security strategy last week at RSA Conference 2022, it’s safe to expect Cisco to explain next moves this week during the Cisco Live 2022 conference in Las Vegas. Among the potential developments we’re watching: Where the company is heading next with Cisco Secure MSP — a portal that’s specifically designed for partners…
3. Cloud Data and Managed Secuyrity: We’ll be watching for managed cloud data services & associated managed data security updates at this week’s Snowflake Summit 2022 conference in Las Vegas.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Identiverse 2022 (June 21-24, Denver, Colorado)
- CyberArk Impact 2022 (July 12-14, Boston, Massachusetts)
- AWS re:Inforce (July 26-27, Boston, Massachusetts)
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar