Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 14 July 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Funding – Penetration Testing: Offensive security and automated penetration testing firm Bishop Fox has raised $75 million in Series B funding from Carrick Capital Partners.
2. IT Services – Data Breach Lawsuit: Capgemini is facing a lawsuit related to a June 2020 data breach…
3. Partnership – Infrastructure Security: Rackspace will offer oak9‘s Infrastructure as Code (IaC) security services to “help businesses secure cloud-native application infrastructure for developers, security teams, and cloud operations across the software development lifecycle,” the multi-cloud MSP said.
4. Leadership – Managed Cybersecurity Services: ECI has hired Greg Yarrington as chief operating officer.
5. Atos – New CEO, Same Challenges: Atos has named Nourdine Bihmane group CEO effective immediately. Bihmane succeeds former CEO Rodolphe Belmer, who exited in June 2022. At the time, Atos said it will break up into two organizations that will focus on (1) managed infrastructure and (2) digital transformation, big data and cybersecurity services. The big question: Will private equity bid to buy one or both Atos businesses units?
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- AWS re:Inforce (July 26-27, Boston, Massachusetts)
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit 2022 (August 22-24, Las Vegas)
- Blue Team Con 2022 (August 27-28, Chicago)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar