Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 15 April 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Mobile, Anywhere Security: SonicWall has announced a modern Boundless Cybersecurity model designed to protect and mobilize organizations, large enterprises, government agencies and SMBs operating in a ‘new business normal,’ the company said today.
3. Identity as a Service: Atos is extending its Identity & Access Management offering with a new Identity as a Service — Evidian IDaaS — available from the cloud on a subscription basis. The security solution manages on-premises, cloud-based and as-a-Service applications, Atos says.
4. Endpoint Security & Work From Home: A new edition of Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud gives businesses more visibility over shadow IT and Work From Home (WFH) systems, the cybersecurity company says.
5. Cloud Security: Zix has launched Secure Cloud, a suite of productivity, security and compliance applications to establish a Secure Modern Workplace.
6. Talent Cybersecurity Marketplace: Scopedive has launched a cybersecurity talent marketplace, which matches cybersecurity freelancers and consulting firms with businesses seeking cybersecurity and compliance project assistance.
7. Talent – Data Protection: Virtru has hired Google’s former head of cloud ISV partnerships, Renaud Perrier, as senior VP of international business development and operations.
8. Talent – Secure DevOps: Sysdig has named two engineering vice presidents — Saravanan “Saro” Subbiah and Omer Azaria. Saro joins Sysdig as vice president of engineering and technology, monitor & platform, while Omer is being promoted from within to vice president of engineering, secure.
9. Partnership – Managed Security Analytics Part One: ElevenPaths, the cybersecurity arm of Telefónica, is partnering with Google Chronicle to deliver managed security analytics services to enterprise companies in Europe and Latin America.
10. Partnership – Managed Security Analytics Part Two: Zyston, an MSSP, is leveraging Sumo Logic to help customers monitor and secure their remote access technologies and critical collaboration platforms.
11. M&A Advisor – MSSP Buyout: Accenture’s recent Revolutionary Security acquisition included third-party advisors. Among the names to know: Capstone Headwaters, an international investment banking firm, advised Revolutionary Security on the deal.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar