Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 15 April 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
2. Talent – MSSP: UK cybersecurity solutions provider Adarma has named Dominique Cerutti as chair. Cerutti will support the company as it continues to scale through organic growth and strategic acquisitions, Adarma says.
3. SMB Penetration Testing Services: Port53 Technologies has launched Cyber Threat Management (CTM) services that will “empower small and mid-sized businesses to gain constant visibility into their organizations’ threat landscapes,” the company says.
4. AWS Cloud Security – Zero Trust Assessments: GuardiCore’s strategy is here.
5. Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR): Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud now includes endpoint detection and response (EDR) capabilities dedicated for small and medium-sized organizations, the company says.
6. Threat Intelligence: Recorded Future has introduced new Threat Intelligence and SecOps Intelligence solutions. The offerings “arm security teams with real-time intelligence of threats within their environments, and enable them to address and triage security concerns faster,” Recorded Future asserts.
7. Research: Powershell threats continue to surge, according to the McAfee Threats Report for April 2021.
8. Research – SMB Security: A new research report — called the Cisco Security Outcomes Study: Small and Midsize Business Edition — has surfaced.
9. Healthcare Breach – Employee Fired: Montefiore Medical Center is notifying some patients about a security breach involving information illegally accessed by a former employee. After a an investigation, the employee was fired, and the case was referred to law enforcement for possible criminal prosecution, the medical center says.
10. Public Cloud Data Leak: Risk management startup LogicGate has confirmed a data breach involving backup files stored on Amazon Web Services, TechCrunch reports.
11. Ransomware Attacks Houston Rockets: A ransomware group has attacked the Houston Rockets NBA (National Basketball Association) franchise, TechTimes reports.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Integrations and Strategic Alliances
3. Partner Program – Privileged Access Management (PAM): BeyondTrust has revamped its Channel Partner Program to expand its tier structure, increase cloud and term subscription discounts, and boost benefits as Partners move up to new tiers, the company says. New Vice President of Global Partner Programs, Jeff Mattan, is leading the effort.
5. Partnership – Bot Attack Mitigation: Kasada and GreyNoise Intelligence have partnered to give customers, “improved understanding of their security environment and more accurate information about which potential threats demand their attention.”
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar