Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 15 February 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
2. Funding – Bot Detection and Mitigation: Netacea has received $12 million in Series A funding.
3. Growth: BlueVoyant increased its customer count by more than 80 percent in 2021, and now serves more than 700 customers across 30 countries worldwide. Also, partners contributed to 50% of all new business, doubling year-on-year, the company said. Actual revenue dollar figures were not disclosed.
4. Managed Detection and Response (MDR) – Deployment: Artera Services has selected Deepwatch‘s MDR solution to secure its operations. Artera delivers maintenance and construction services to energy utilities, infrastructure companies, municipalities and cooperatives throughout the U.S.
6. MDR – Partner Program: Red Canary has launched Red Canary Partner Connect, a new partner program that spans five partner types, including…
- Technology Partners – technology integration with Red Canary’s security platform
- Incident Response – MDR support for short-term breach investigations
- Managed Service Providers – leverage Red Canary MDR to provide Managed Security Services to end user customers
- Insurance and Risk – referral relationship for insurance carriers and brokers with Red Canary, or Red Canary MSSPs
- Solution Providers – option for traditional resellers to resell Red Canary
7. Mizuno Ransomware Attack: Sports equipment and sportswear brand Mizuno is affected by phone outages and order delays after being hit by ransomware, BleepingComputer has learned.
8. Ransomware Risk Mitigation: Mandiant announced general availability of Ransomware Defense Validation within the Mandiant Advantage platform. The new service leverages Mandiant’s threat intelligence, ransomware re-configuration capabilities, and automated validation infrastructure to “provide security leaders with evidence whether their organizations are able to prevent specific ransomware attacks,” the firm said.
9. Penetration Testing as a Service: Bugcrowd has expanded its Bugcrowd Security Knowledge Platform to support “streamlined Penetration-Testing-as-a-Service (PTaaS), among other services, ” the company said.
10. Cloud-native Network Detection and Response: ExtraHop has named Patrick Dennis as CEO. He succeeds Arif Kareem, who is retiring.
11. Secure Apple Device Management: Addigy has partnered with “The Ethical Hacker” Ralph Echemendia to “strengthen its cybersecurity posture and continue to position Addigy as a security-centric brand,” the company said.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Zero Trust World 2022 (February 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- SonicWall Boundless 2022 (Feb 23-24, Virtual)
- GISEC 2022 (February 21-23, Saudi Arabia)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar