Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 15 July 2022
Today's MSSP and cybersecurity market news involves Alibaba Cloud and the China data beach; Log4j learnings from DHS; Microsoft Defender for IoT devices; and NINJIO security awareness training partner program.
Credit: Getty Images
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Partner Program – Security Awareness Training: NINJIO has launched the NINJIO Partner Program for integrators, consultancies, value-added resellers, managed service providers, and agents.
2. China Data Breach – Alibaba Investigation: Executives from Alibaba’s cloud division have been called in for talks by Shanghai authorities in connection with the theft of a vast police database, according to The Wall Street Journal.
3. Microsoft Defender for IoT Device Security: Details are here.
4. Log4j Learnings: Key findings from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security are here.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- AWS re:Inforce (July 26-27, Boston, Massachusetts)
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit 2022 (August 22-24, Las Vegas)
- Blue Team Con 2022 (August 27-28, Chicago)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar