Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 15 March 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Ransomware Attacks Buffalo School District: Classes are canceled today. A cybersecurity firm named GreyCastle Security assisting the investigation and recovery. The latest Buffalo School Ransomware Attack Details are here.
2. Molson Coors Cyberattack: Molson Coors Beverage Company is striving to recover from a cyberattack that triggered a systems outage. The outage, in turn, impacted brewery operations, production and shipments.
3. Partner Program: Accurics, a cloud cyber resilience specialist, has launched a channel program designed for partners who share a developer-first approach to cloud security.
5. Cybersecurity Spending: Microsoft stands to receive nearly a quarter of Covid relief funds destined for U.S. cybersecurity defenders, sources told Reuters, angering some lawmakers who don’t want to increase funding for a company whose software was recently at the heart of two big hacks, Reuters reports.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- SOC as a Service for Small MSPs (March 18, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- Huntress hack_it 2021 (March 22-24, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar