Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 15 March 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. SentinelOne Acquires Attivo Networks: Details about SentinelOne buying Attivo are here…
3. Talent – Cloud and Network Security: Perimeter 81 has named Gily Netzer as VP of marketing.
4. Funding – Cyberattack Prevention: Hackuity has raised €12 million led by Sonae IM with participation of previous investor Caisse des Dépôts. Founded by Orange Cyberdefense veterans and lifelong friends Patrick Ragaru and Pierre Polette, Hackuity “empowers cybersecurity teams and leaders to comprehensively collect, prioritize, and remediate security weaknesses before they can be exploited by their adversaries,” the startup indicated.
5. Funding – Cyber Insurance: Cowbell Cyber has secured $100 million in capital led by Anthemis Group with participation from Permira Funds, PruVen Capital, NYCA Partners, Viola Fintech and all existing investors. This latest financing will “increase investment in data science, underwriting, risk engineering and claims management; expand go-to-market channels including digital distribution; and support Cowbell Re, the company’s reinsurance captive,” the company said.
6. XDR Expansion: Secureworks Taegis, an XDR platform, has gained Hands-on-Keyboard Detector. The new feature “helps prevent, detect, and respond to advanced threats with automation, machine learning, and comprehensive threat intelligence by detecting “live” keyboard inputs from malicious actors rather than scripts,” the MSSP said.
7. Partnership – Zero Trust: Adaptive Shield is now available in the CrowdStrike Store. The solution “makes it easy for security teams to quickly identify and manage risks coming from SaaS users and their associated devices,” the two companies asserted.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- GISEC 2022 (March 21-23, Dubai)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar