Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 15 September 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Microsoft Azure Vulnerability & Security Expert: It seems like security startup Wiz is emerging as a market expert that uncovers Microsoft Azure cloud vulnerabilities before Microsoft itself finds the issues…
2. Ransomware Mitigation Guide: The New Zealand Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT NZ) has released a guide on ransomware protection for businesses, the CISA reports.
3. Secure Access Service Edge (SASE): Palo Alto Networks has announced Prisma SASE, bringing together which brings together the company’s Prisma Access and Prisma SD-WAN capabilities. The move is similar to SASE developments at Barracuda Networks…
4. Executive Talent – Network Detection and Response (NDR): Netography has hired Martin Roesch as CEO. He succeeds co-founder Barrett Lyon, who shifts to chief architect and co-founder. CTO and co-founder Dan Murphy.
5. Executive Talent – Management Consulting: MorganFranklin Consulting has hired Zubaid Kazmi as managing director in the company’s cybersecurity practice.
6. Executive Talent – Data Protection: Rubrik has hired John Murphy as global field chief security officer. Murphy previously was global head of cybersecurity strategy and architecture for BNY Mellon’s Cybersecurity Program.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
2. Microsoft 365 Email Protection: Vade for Microsoft 365 is now available in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
3. Distribution – India: Tech Data, part of TD Synnex, has agreed to distribute Palo Alto Networks security technology inIndia & SAARC (the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation), which is an economic and political organization of eight countries in South Asia.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Top 250 MSSPs 2021 List (September 16, Live Webcast and On-Demand)
- Sumo Logic Illuminate 2021 User Conference (September 28-29, Virtual)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and in-person)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid, virtual and in-person)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar