Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 16 October 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Robinhood Investor Accounts Hacked: Hackers infiltrated nearly 2,000 accounts of fintech startup Robinhood Markets and siphoned off customer funds, Bloomberg News and Reuters reported.
2. Threat Response: ThreatQuotient’s ThreatQ platform now integrates with Sixgill Darkfeed, a predictive feed of actionable indicators of compromise (IOCs). The result: Organizations can “accelerate and automate decision-making,” the companies say.
3. Security Information and Event Management (SIEM): Rapid7 has launched Enhanced Endpoint Telemetry (EET) within InsightIDR, the company’s SIEM solution. The result: Customers and partners can more easily investigate into security incidents, and also gain more visibility into endpoint activity including host names and domains, process command lines and executable paths, Rapid7 says.
4. Research – Security Automation: Despite 88% of cybersecurity professionals believing automation will make their jobs easier, younger staffers are more concerned that the technology will replace their roles than their veteran counterparts, according to research from Exabeam.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- Houston Cyber Summit 2020 (October 20-22, Virtual Conference)
- Grayhat Virtual Cyber Conference (October 29-31, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Ignite20: Palo Alto Networks Conference (November 17-18, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar