Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 17 December 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Funding – Network Security: EfficientIP, a network security and automation specialist, has raised $11 million in Series B funding from Jolt Capital.
2. M&A – Distribution: Tech Data is acquiring Inflow Technologies, a value-added distributer with expertise in cybersecurity and networking. The deal is expected to close during Tech Data’s first quarter of fiscal year 2021.
3. U.S. Election Cybersecurity: Congress has allocated about $425 million in new funding for election security ahead of the 2020 presidential election, a Democratic congressional source confirmed to NPR on Monday.
4. Research – Apple macOS Malware: Attackers are targeting Apple macOS more frequently than conventional wisdom suggests, according to Malwarebytes Labs.
5. RSA Certificate Vulnerabilities: Keyfactor describes the issues here.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. SIEM and Cloud Services: Exabeam has signed a multi-year agreement to run its SIEM (security information and event management) software on Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
2. All Partner Programs: Search the comprehensive ChannelE2E Partner Program Database here. Also, submit your company information here and your partner program can be listed in the database.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- CPX 360: Check Point 2020 Conference (January 27-29, New Orleans)
- PerchyCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.