Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 17 July 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Ransomware Attacks Major MSSP & MSP: The target is Orange Business Services.
2. Top 200 MSSPs Survey: Participate in our 2020 survey, and your MSSP could be ranked among the world’s Top 200 MSSPs when we unveil results in September.
3. Funding – BlueVoyant: The company has raised $68 million in financing led by Temasek, a global investment company headquartered in Singapore, and included participation from new and other existing investors. This brings BlueVoyant total funding to $275 million to date.
4. IoT Security: Check Point has launched its Internet of Things (IoT) Protect solution to secure both IoT devices and networks in smart building, smart city, healthcare, industrial and critical infrastructure environments.
5. Web Application Security: Acunetix is now available on macOS.
6. Twitter Hack Investigation: The latest updates are here.
B. Five Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- Black Hat USA 2020 (August 1-6, Virtual Conference)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2020 (October 26-29, Location Undisclosed)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 9-12, Las Vegas)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar