Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 18 July 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Data Leak – Former CIA Employee Convicted: Former CIA engineer Joshua Schulte was convicted for for leaking Vault 7 hacking tools to WikiLeaks, World Specialist Web Site reported.
2. Holy Ghost Ransomware Details: A threat actor tied to North Korea has been launching Holy Ghost ransomware attacks against small businesses, Microsoft reports.
4. Huawei Equipment & U.S. Infrastructure Security: The FCC needs an additional $3 billion dollars to fund the removal from U.S. networks of equipment made by Huawei and ZTE bringing the total cost to $4.9 billion, Reuters reported.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- AWS re:Inforce (July 26-27, Boston, Massachusetts)
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit 2022 (August 22-24, Las Vegas)
- Blue Team Con 2022 (August 27-28, Chicago)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar