Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 18 November 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Talent – MSP Security: Secureworks VP Tyler Winkler has joined the SKOUT Cybersecurity board of directors. SKOUT is a Top 200 MSSP for 2019 that works closely with MSPs to protect small businesses.
2. Security Sandbox: Kaspersky has announced Kaspersky Sandbox, a solution that automatically analyzes new suspicious files and sends as well as stores the results to the installed EPP, the cybersecurity software provider says.
3. Talent – Penetration Testing: Michael Skelton has joined Bugcrowd as head of researcher enablement. He’ll also focus on new innovations for the Bugcrowd Next Gen Pen Test (NGPT) product, and additional service offerings like Attack Surface Management (ASM).
4. DDoS Hacker Sentenced: Sergiy P. Usatyuk, the owner and admin of several DDoS-for-hire services also known as booters or stressers, was sentenced to 13 months in prison, to be followed by three years of supervised release, BleepingComputer reports.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Partnership – Endpoint Security: LogMeIn is leveraging Bitdefender to power LogMeIn Antivirus (AV), a recently released feature available to LogMeIn Central customers. The deal comes amid rumors that LogMeIn may be acquired by a private equity firm.
2. Partnership – SD-WANs: Orange Business Services has chosen Fortinet Secure SD-WAN for a global SD-WAN solution.
3. Partnership – Operational Technology: Fortinet and Siemens are partnering to strengthen the security of operational technology (OT) networks in such vertical markets as electrical power, transportation, and oil and gas.
4. All Partner Programs: Search the comprehensive ChannelE2E Partner Program Database here. Also, submit your company information here and your partner program can be listed in the database.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Qualys Security Conference (November 18-21, Las Vegas)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North America Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York)
- PercyhCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.