Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 18 November 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. M&A – Application Security and Supply Chain Security: Palo Alto Networks has acquired startup Cider Security.
2. Leading MSSPs in Asia: Here’s a list of top MSSPs in Asia, according to IDC.
3. Mid-Market MDR Service: Ankura Consulting has launched Ankura InterXeptor, an MDR solution for middle-market organizations. The service offers continuous threat detection and real-time response to prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats, Ankura said.
4. Talent – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): SilverSky has hired Telarus and Converged Network Services Group (CNSG) veteran Reagan Roberts as channel chief.
5. Talent – Cloud-Native Application Protection: Lacework has hired Andrew Case as CFO.
6. Talent – AI and Risk Management: Dataminr has hired Datto veteran John Abbot as chief financial officer. Abbot exited Datto when Kaseya acquired the MSP technology company in mid-2022.
7. Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR): Revelstoke has announced several new SOAR product upgrades to include sub-workflow, case management, and indicators of compromise (IOC) automation, the company said.
8. SAP Patch Management: SecurityBridge has introduced new Patch Management capabilities for its SAP Security Platform.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite 22 Cybersecurity Conference (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- Right of Boom 2023 (February 22-24, Grapevine, Texas)
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco)