Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 18 September 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Top 250 MSSPs 2020: MSSP Alert unveiled the Top 250 MSSPs for 2020 on Thursday. Find the entire list of honorees and research results here.
2. Did Ransomware Trigger Hospital Patient Death?: That’s the thesis here.
4. Red Team, Blue Team Training: RangeForce has released Battle Fortress Cyber Range, a cloud-based cyber range that allows hundreds of cybersecurity professionals to remotely participate and continuously train using offensive red team or defensive blue team exercises, the company says.
5. Tesla Wins Hacker Case: U.S. electric carmaker Tesla won its case against a former employee, who was fired for hacking and transferring company data to third parties, Reuters reports. Tesla had filed a lawsuit against Martin Tripp, who formerly worked at the Tesla Gigafactory in Nevada, in 2018 claiming that he had admitted to writing software that hacked the carmaker’s manufacturing operating system, transferring several gigabytes of its data to third parties and making false claims to the media, the Reuters report says.
6. Integration – Identity and Access Management: SecZetta, a provider of third-party identity management solutions, now integrates with CyberArk, the provider of Privileged Access Management (PAM).
7. Managed Network Detection and Response (MNDR): Braintrace has launched version 2.5 of its Managed Network Detection and Response (MNDR) platform. The new Dragonfly v2.5 release includes proprietary engines that detect and alert to malicious threats that evade conventional perimeter devices, Braintrace says.
8. Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Kroll, a Top 250 MSSP for 2020, has elevated its managed detection and response (MDR) capabilities with Kroll Responder. Responder is a turnkey solution delivering 24×7 MDR, merging monitoring, proactive threat hunting and incident response, the company says.
9. Research – Maze Ransomware Attacks: It looks like Maze attackers have adopted a Ragnar Locker Virtual Machine Technique,” a new Sophos report asserts.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2020 (October 5-7, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2020 (October 14-15, Virtual Conference)
- CrowdStrike Fal.con 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (October 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 17-19, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar