Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 19 August 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Survey Closes Today – Top 250 MSSPs: Our Top 250 MSSPs survey for 2022 closes today (Friday, August 19). The survey is designed for MSSPs, security-driven MSPs, MDR service providers and IT consulting firms that offer managed security services. The worldwide survey, conducted annually, allows us to identity and honor the world’s Top 250 MSSPs. Sorry, but we are not extending the survey participation deadline.
2. Entrust Ransomware Attack Update: The LockBit ransomware gang may leak Entrust data as soon as today…
3. Apple Zero Day Vulnerabilities and Patches: Here’s how MSPs and MSSPs can patch two critical zero day vulnerabilities that impact Apple iPhone, iPad and Mac devices.
4. MSP Software – Password Management: Nordpass has expanded its password management capabilities for MSP partners.
5. Research: Hackers are using AWS apps to build phishing pages, Avanan reported.
6. SOC 2 Compliance: Coalesce, a data transformation company, has completed a System and Organization Controls (SOC) 2 examination. The company therefore maintains adequate controls over the security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy (AICPA, Trust Services Criteria) of the Coalesce Platform, the company asserted.
7. Network Device Authentication – Canada: Optiv has been awarded the first major enterprise contract under Shared Services Canada’s (SSC) cybersecurity procurement vehicle (CSPV) for its network device authentication (NDA) solution.
8. Google Blocks Massive DDoS Attack: Google has disclosed how it blocked a Layer 7 DDoS attack at 46 million RPS.
9. Funding: SynSaber, an early-stage ICS/OT cybersecurity and asset monitoring company, has raised $13 million in Series A funding. SYN Ventures led the round with participation from additional investors, including Rally Ventures and Cyber Mentor Fund.
10. Funding: Defendify has raised $3.35 million. Maine Venture Fund (MVF) led the round with participation from current investors 3dot6 Ventures, York IE, Maine Technology Institute (MTI), FreshTracks Capital, and Wasabi Ventures. Coastal Ventures and Opus Ventures were new investors to this round.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit 2022 (August 22-24, Las Vegas)
- Blue Team Con 2022 (August 27-28, Chicago)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Fal.Con 2022: CrowdStrike Cybersecurity Conference (September 19-21, Las Vegas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar