Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 19 March 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Indicators of Compromise (IOC) Detection Tool: The CISA has unveiled a Hunt and Incident Response Program (CHIRP) tool. CHIRP is a forensics collection tool that CISA developed to help network defenders find indicators of compromise (IOCs) associated with activity detailed in the following CISA Alerts:
2. Integration – Threat Intelligence and SOAR : Cybersixgill Darkfeed will be available through Swimlane’s security automation platform. The result: Swimlane users can leverage Cybersixgill’s feed of malicious indicators of compromise (IOCs), including domains, URLs, hashes and IP addresses. Swimlane’s software provides security orchestration, automation and response.
3. Funding – eDiscovery and Legal Sector Software: Silver Lake has invested Relativity. Compliance teams leverage Relativity Trace software to proactively detect regulatory misconduct like insider trading, collusion and other non-compliant behavior to help protect against financial and reputational damage.
4. Partnership – File Security: Gotham Technology Group, a technology solutions provider, has agreed to offer and support Votiro‘s secure file gateway to customers in the financial, insurance, and health care sectors.
5. Talent – Industrial Control System (ICS) Security: Mission Secure has hired John Adams as CEO. Adams succeeds David Drescher, who will remain a member of the company’s board of directors. Mission Secure recently raised a Series B funding round and launched a new integrated cybersecurity solution for the maritime sector in cooperation with Ince, an international legal and professional services firm.
6. Swiss Hacker Indicted: A Swiss computer hacker who has claimed credit for helping steal or distribute proprietary data from Nissan Motor, Intel and security camera startup Verkada was indicted, U.S. prosecutors announced, according to Reuters.
7. Finland Hackers: Finland’s domestic security agency said the cybergroup APT31, which is generally linked to the Chinese government, was likely behind a cyberspying attack on the information systems of the Nordic country’s parliament, the Associated Press reports.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Huntress hack_it 2021 (March 22-24, Virtual Conference)
- Cloud Security Summit 2021 from Fortinet (April 6-7, Virtual)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar